There are certain home improvement projects that really boost the value of your property, from kitchen makeovers to roof replacements. But perhaps one of the biggest ways to get a big ROI is to replace your old garage doors with new, energy efficient ones. They will not only allow you to command a better price if you wanted to sell your home in the near future, but they will also boost your curb appeal as well and show off your pride of ownership.
A new garage door can increase the sale price of your home by up to four percent! Here are some reasons why:
- They add functionality to your home: If you use your garage doors as a main way to enter and exit your house, new doors will add functionality and convenience to your daily life. If you will be selling your home in the next few years, home buyers who are accustomed to entering and exiting their home via the garage door will consider this a perk.
- They add to the overall design of your home: If your house has been lacking curb appeal, you can change all that with a new garage door. Your old door may not fit in well with the rest of your house, especially if you’ve recently updated your exteriors, such as landscape, siding, etc. If it’s been a while since you updated your garage doors, and they’re looking faded, dinged and tired, now’s the time to do your whole property a favor.
- They protect your home: Modern garage doors with the latest technological systems help you feel more secure in your home. Anything from smartphone connectivity to battery backup will greatly enhance your home security requirements, giving everyone in your family peace of mind.
- They lower your energy bills: When your upgrade to energy efficient garage doors, you will spend less on energy bills because the doors will do a better job of keeping heated and cooled air inside the home where it belongs.
- They are more inviting: If you spend a lot of time outdoors or within the garage itself, you understandably want to have aesthetically-pleasing doors to complement this area of your home. This is especially important if you’ve recently renovated your garage as a man cave, game room, craft room, entertainment center or in law apartment. You’ll feel better about tinkering in your new space when it’s fronted by beautiful new doors.
As you can see, there are many ways to boost the property value of your home, but in the end, all that really matters is what YOU think about your home. Regardless of the property value boost, you want to be proud of your home and how it looks from the street.
Contact M&M Garage Door
Ready to increase your home’s value with a new, energy efficient, beautiful and safe garage door? Contact us today at (586) 610-5434.